Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Disco dance party tonight!

Yep, it's Tuesday, and that means Sounds! Fun! tonight, but with a disco twist. I have TWO favorite disco songs that I hope will be on the playlist:

1. "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls

2. "Jump! (For my love)" by The Pointer Sisters

Oh yes I DID sing "Jump!" on karaoke at my wedding. Flanked by my partners in crime, Jon and Jeff, and over the years we have perfected our "Jump!" choreography.

Reader, I will have you know that karaoke actually runs in my family...but that's a story for another time.

Do you have any favorite disco numbers? Don't lie, I know you do.

3 comments:

Snowed In said...

Anyone who knows me well knows I like a lot of disco music (including a lot of the more obscure stuff you will never hear on the radio). However, I've never been a big fan of "It's Raining Men". But that's just me.

Anonymous said...

dude - i know this is totally off the mark...but did carlos santana buy ALL the tomato basil veggie burgers in town to serve at maria maria? 2 HEB's, 1 central market later...and NOTHING! tolly....are you holding??? i need my fix

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Snowed In - no likey "It's Raining Men?!" OH girl! Not even the sassy talking opener?

"Hi. HI! We're your weather girls! And have we got some NEEEWS for you! -Better listen, hurry up!- Get ready, all you lonely girls! And leave yo' umBRELLa at home!"

Oh God, I love it so much.

Ahem. Anyway: Well, which of the more obscure disco songs do you fancy, Snowed?

Sissel - um, WTF on the veggie burgers. Tomato basil is nowhere to be found at my HEB, either!!! Just look at Carlos Santana's face. That looks like a face that's hiding something - and I think it's hiding the location of said veggie burgers.