Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 9, 2010

TONIGHT: A post from GARY! Behold, They're Coming Back...

Tolly here, physically restraining her gorgeous blogging partner GARY! from throwing up all over the computer, he is so excited about this dance party tonight. I was all, "what is the deal with this Auto Body show, GARY?" and friends, this is what he wrote back.

What you are about to read is a kind-of-adorable expository essay on a handful of (awesome) electric acts, with a special educational section on mash-up music, supplemented by video, wit, and abundant exclamation points.  Here's GARY!: 

Well, hello there!

You might have noticed that I've been mildly absent from the blog lately.  I guess I've been more "behind the scenes," really. Lately I like to think of myself as "The Blog Whisperer" or "The Blogging Intern," but only because I love referring to Tolly as "The Boss." You see it's part of my job here on the AE to keep "The Boss" informed. Even though we only live about two miles from each other, we explore different parts of Austin, and then share our discoveries with each other another and with you guys. So with that said I think it's time to do what I do best, which is gush about something I love. In this case, it's Auto Body, Prepmode, Car Stereo (Wars), Machine, and The Parish.

If you have been following us for a while you may recognize Auto Body from a previous post I did that actually had nothing to do with Auto Body (that's how impressed I was when I saw them for the first time) I believe they included the words "melt your face off." Ring a bell?

Now, Tolly and I realize we gush more than one of those oil derricks in There will Be Blood, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing - it's gushing, after all, that makes me curious about things. When my friend Lindsay wouldn't shut up about how great Auto Body was, I joined her at The Parish for Free Week and ended up having one of the most EPIC nights I've ever had. So gushing is a good thing, see? It makes miracles happen.

Auto Body:


Auto Body:


So now you know how I feel about Auto Body, so let's move on to another great thing about tonight's show: PREPMODE.

I've had the chance to catch him a few times around town, and let me just say the man gets me. Everywhere he plays, he brings the party with him. He's an expert on the decks, as both a DJ and a turntable-ist, and has more than a few tricks up his sleeve. I believe this is one of the last times you will actually be able to catch him before he jaunts off to the Caribbean as the resident DJ of a cruise ship (no joke). So take my advice and get in on this action while the gettin' is still good. Rumor has it that Prepmode may even drop a couple of turntable mashups himself.

PREPMODE'S "PON DE FLOOR" (MAJOR LAZER) TONE TRICK:


Had enough? Well tough! We still have one more thing to go over before I can let you get back to whatever it was you started ignoring when you decided to read this blog (to which we say THANK YOU!).

Anyway, tonight's action is so good they've even brough Car Stereo (Wars) back from New York to partake in the awesomeness. If you aren't familiar with CSW's you are at least familiar with what it is he does. He's a mashup artist. A what? A MASH-UP. ARTIST. Basically someone that thinks a little differently than your typical DJ. They take 2 different songs with beats that complement each other and mash them together. You may have heard of Girl Talk or The Hood Internet; both are great examples of what a mashup artist does, except the main difference here is that Girl Talk should SERIOUSLY be on a heavy doses of Adderall.

Check out the video example below, courtesy Car Stereo (Wars), and you will see what I'm talking about.

Car Stereo (Wars):


Do yourself a favor and make sure you hit this show up tonight. Tickets are available HERE.

And as an added bonus, if you find me tonight at the show and tell me what the title of this blog post is a quote from, I'm buying you a drink. DM me on Twitter.

Finally, I'd like to share some choice quotes from the press release for this event tonight - i.e., the raddest press release I have ever seen.

The men of Auto Body have completed Priest Party, their debut album, and formal introduction to the world.

Conceived in and birthed from Austin's steamy underground houses of rock, AUTO BODY is live electro fusion. Fueled by their shared bloodlust for sonic divinity, and armed with a war chest of synths, samples, rattlesnakes, and bass, Tibaut Bowman and Felix Moreno crusade the universe in search of the electronic Holy Grail.

THIS Friday, 04.09.10, at 9 PM at The Parish in Austin, Texas.

The lights will be taken to the next level.
The sound will be taken to the next level.
The face-melting will be taken to the next level.
Even the levels on the scale that is used to measure these things will be taken to the next level.

bring your protective eye wear.

That's all I got,

g.

1 comment:

PREPMODE said...

Actually, my official title is 'celebrity guest dj'... the ship's resident djs open 4 me :) it's on royal caribbean's oasis of the seas!