Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Exercise fail.

My hair has received the Buffy Treatment. And you know how you're supposed to leave it on as long as possible without washing it? Well it's so red y'all, it looks like a head injury. Now hang onto that charming analogy, because we're going to come back to it at the end of the story.

So I'm running, right? Hot, windless day today. Up and down hills in Hyde Park. In fact, the only saving grace from this miserable fitness experience was "I Wanna Sex You Up" playing on my iPod. No, it wasn't on shuffle. I deliberately cued it up.

Anyway, it was getting to the point where my endurance had just crested over that 'I want to kill myself' portion of the workout. I was running down Duval, head held high. Sweating like a man, but feeling triumphant. I saw people staring at me from their cars, probably thinking: "oh, what a healthy person." Or (hopefully?) "wow, she's so fit!" Most likely: "well, she's a little slow bless her heart, but at least she is trying."

A few of the people stared slightly longer than what is appropriate for a passing glance. "Perverts," I thought.

One woman's mouth was slightly agape.

"Huh. What's her problem."

Finally, a man in a Hyundai slowed down to a stop, craned his head around and asked me, "are you OK?"

I stopped running, ready to give him a piece of my mind. "Look, I'm just running?! Why is it such a big deal??" But instead of blurting all that out, I paused, reached one hand up to my forehead to wipe off. Bright red streaks came off.

I looked down, saw crimson lines going down my neck and chest.

"ARE YOU OK?"

I waved him off and walked over to a parked car. This is what I saw:


Moral of the story: Never go running directly after dying hair.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was the best story i've read all sunday. hahahaaaaa

at least one concerned citizen stopped!

ilpasetto said...

I haven't laughed this hard in years.

Great story.

:)

marshall said...

OMG. That's hilarious. LOVE the shot from Carrie. Brilliant.

GARY! said...

You must have looked a little crazy, like you were running from someone. LOL Ultimately it reminds me of this: http://bit.ly/MBQlZ

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Mai, Ilpasetto and Marshall - Hee, glad you enjoyed. :)

Gary - Yes, Benny Hill is *perfect* comparison. Running from chain saw killer in Hyde Park = typical Sunday.

TexanCouture said...

LOL that is hilarious!!

Aaron Robert Hall said...

I can only imagine what those passing vehicles we're thinking. Thanks for the giggles!

Indiana Adams said...

So glad you blogged this! Thanks for letting us laugh at your misfortune!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Texan Couture, Aaron and Indiana - Haha, always happy to provide the laughs. :) My life = comedy of errors

Pink Sun Drops said...

OH. MY. GOD. You poor thing!! Actually, your most embarrassing moments might actually top mine or at least be on the same level! How horrendous!!

Okay, it's horrible, but I kind of wish you had taken an actual picture of YOU with the red streaks. Just so you could laugh at it later (and we could laugh with you : ) .

Kiley said...

oh man, that is perfect and awful all at the same time.

love your blog!

Cory Ryan said...

This also goes for the application of self tanning lotion I might add!!! Your outfit is white? Nope, not anymore!

Megalithic Rick said...

LOL this is super FUNNY ^^

Cynthia H. said...

Very funny! Great pic too, this made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and really love it...especially this post. I live/try to exercise in Hyde Park too, so I completely identified with your story. Super funny :)