Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 29, 2010

I was a messed up nine-year-old.

Since quite a few of you seemed to enjoy my whiny childhood camp letters/love letter to my cat, I thought you might enjoy this item, too.

Below is an entry from my second diary that I ever kept, from roughly age eight - age eleven.  I started the first one when I was six, and it contains such enthralling entries as: "MY NAME IS TLOYLY.  I AM SXI SIX." Pretty juicy.

My entries from this second diary were fairly boring, too: "Dear Diary. Today I went to Rachel's house. I got to level 3 on Super Mario Brothers. Signed, Tolly." They mostly chronicle my wild adventures attending school and after-school care. However....

Flipping through the pages last weekend, I did come across ONE ENTRY that was a little suspect.  I wrote it when I was nine.  It is below.

Pause.  "Yesterday, I mooned a dog."

WTF?

At least I had the good sense to write "YUCK!" in lovely cursive.

12 comments:

Shannon Honeybloom said...

Nice, very nice :) hahahhaha

Anonymous said...

Tolly that is hilarious! I love your blog by the way! Take Care!

Pang said...

Poor dog...

Unknown said...

I'm pretty intrigued by the previous entry that we can only partially see in the pic above: "...grader! WOW! Well, there'll probably be more news sometime. By Diary."

I must know what elicited that "WOW!"

Jon said...

I'm curious to know what happend next! "And then, when..." When what? When you had to register as a sexual predator with the ASPCA?

Anonymous said...

this. is. awesome. I may have to go dig up my old diaries and find equally awesome things to screenshot. :-) thanks for sharing!

CAMILLE STYLES said...

OMG you were so very special!!! ;) I am dying laughing...SO needed this for a gloomy, cloudy Friday.

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Shannon & Gina - Glad you enjoyed. :) (Gina....good to see you!! Congratulations on your beautiful life!)

Breanna - Ok, I can tell you that I was referring here to the fact that a sixth grader liked me. Haha. "WOW" INDEED

Jon - The rest of this entry goes on to tell, not even kidding, about how I found a snake at my grandparent's ranch and my dad came over to chop its head off. Mooning dogs....beheading snakes...a typical day with the Moseleys!

Lyssa - It is SUCH a trip. Please please post yours.

Camille - I aim to please. :) Glad it was good timing for you!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Bwahahahaha. Oh so glad (but still kind of not) mine are in a landfill somewhere. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to post my entries.

PookieSoup said...

You have pretty nice hand writing. I shouldn't post mine. No one can read it. I can't even read some of my hand writing now.

Unknown said...

I knew you liked to moon & starting out at such an early age too. but why a dog?

nina said...

You sure this isn't Leslie's diary? Wait, "Tolly", are you really Leslie!?!?

tee hee, see you tonight, sassafrass