Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You always remember your first

This isn't the first time I've begun a blog. Neither, I suspect, is this the first time you've read one. My previous attempts have proven unsuccessful, unable to sustain my attention for longer than a few months - the duration of many a twenty-something relationship, no?

I'm in my twenties, so I should know. Ironically, I am married, to a wonderful teacher/woodworker/drummer in a rock band. However, my affair with blogs has been nothing less than torrid.

Clandestine, middle-of-the night meetings, me and my laptop, fingers shaking with anticipation. It never lasted long. One 15 minute post here, a quickie update there. Never as good as I thought it would be. By the time I crawled into bed, I felt cheated - wasn't this supposed to be a long and meaningful relationship? If so, why did I feel like every other blogger out there? Was I just not special enough?

This, then, is my new project: a blog devoted to Austin. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: