Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Where are you watching the election?

I don’t know about you guys, but in my family, the presidential election is like the Superbowl. Except even more special because it only comes every four years. (And also because my mom and I know nothing about football!)

So I’ve been dying to watch the election tonight in public, somewhere loud and raucous, among my fellow electorate.
I got a text today about this one:

From Yelp and Do512:

The Travis County Democratic Party invite you to celebrate election night in the place where LBJ watched election returns in 1960 and 1964 - the Driskill Hotel. 5 huge screens showing election returns. DJ room to watch returns with some music.

Join Congressman Lloyd Doggett, Senator Kirk Watson, Woodie Jones, Representatives Donna Howard & Valinda Bolton, Commissioner Candidate Karen Huber, Jim Coronado, Commissioner Ron Davis, County Chair Andy Brown, Annie's List, Tejano Democrats and more.

And, what’s this I hear? It’s a dance party!!

2 comments:

Raychelle said...

I bet that was one hell of a party! Austinist gave a little blurb about it. Did you make it inside?!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

I DID girl! It was awesome!!!!! A TON of people there, seriously, it was nuts.