Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 5, 2009

This one's for the ladies: The Lennings' "You're the One that I Want"

Hi there, female population. Are you ok with fainting? If so, I have a song I'd like to share.



The video is not the star here. The SONG is. So cue it up, walk away, whatever; just listen and tell me what you think.

This cover is by an Austin band called The Lennings, and they are having an EP release in February at Club DeVille. I will provide more details as we get closer to the date, but if you'd like me to send you info now, leave a comment with your email and I shall do so. (I'll also tell you where you can get a super-secret advance CD).

Enjoy!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

that version of that song is MUCH better.

bob-o said...

bravo! absolutely. looking forward to seeing a show!

Anonymous said...

That was gorgeous!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

I know!! Lauren, Bob-o, Dana, I'm glad you agree. Lauren, to steal your word, I also think it's gorgeous. Slash hot?

Unknown said...

One of my friends in Philly used to cover the title song to "Grease" in a very similar way. It had groove, it had feeling.

Raychelle said...

I dig it!

Jenna1173 said...

I love this song! I heard JB and Sandy from Mix 94.7 play it this morning, and if anyone can fall in love with a song, I did. It's WAY better than the one John Travolta sang. This sounds so romantic. I love it! Where can I get a copy of the song??

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Jenna!

Hey lady. I'm thrilled you like this song! Isn't this version amazing?!

Email me - tollymoseley@hotmail.com - and I shall get this song to your rad little inbox. Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

that was so good. what a great cover. i miss yall!
Jen

Unknown said...

This is a great cover. I loved the original since I was a kiddo, but this is a nice mellow/sensual version. I'd love to be able to get ahold of this. :D

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Hey Scott! So glad you like it!! Email me at tollymoseley@hotmail.com and I'll send a copy to you.

Anonymous said...

you should get them to cover footloose as well- r would probably be down.
Jen

Anonymous said...

Is there a way to get this as an mp3, I travel a lot outside of Atown and this kind of music is perfect to keep me from going bonkers on planes.

Jason M.

Tolly Moseley - Senior Publicist said...

Hi Jason!

You sure can get it as an mp3. Simply email me at tollymoseley@hotmail.com and I will send it to you. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love it, they should get this one up on their myspace page, too.
Hannah