Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 15, 2009

Craft Appreciation Friday

Do you know what I want to be? A member of Austin Etsy.

Whenever summer rolls around, I start itching to get my craft on. Know what I'm sayin'? This city is chock full of really talented, nationally-known DIY fiends, from Austin Craft Mafia to Naughty Secretary Club. Austin Etsy is a relatively new little camp of local crafters, and I pop over to their blog from time to time to see what pretty wares they're hawking.

From A Little Bit of Somethin:






From Paired Hearts:





From PolishedTwo:





Nom nom nom! I want it all!!!

So ever since my awesome sister-in-law Jen gave me The Big-Ass Book of Crafts for Christmas, I've been doing the craft thing a little more regularly. I made these plates for one of my friends who got married last month, and because I'm kind of a horrible person they are still waiting to be shipped:






You actually can eat off of these plates, but they have yet to be tested in a dishwashing machine...so probably safer just to hang on the wall I'm thinking.

Anyway, I don't have an Etsy store yet for these guys, but I'm thinking about it so I have an excuse to make more of these plates. Have any of you started up your very own Etsy store? If so, was it hard?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your plates tolly! I would love to have some craft time over the summer. I have some good ideas in mind. :) Looking forward to seeing you!!
jen

Kristen said...

dude those plates are awesome! starting an etsy store is easy as pie. it's just when you want to get more complicated... becoming a real business, etc. i would suggest just starting your store up, connecting it to your personal paypal acct (you can change this later) and listing some of those awesome plates! how did you make those???? (excuse my question mark abuse there...)

Kristen said...

dude those plates are awesome! starting an etsy store is easy as pie. it's just when you want to get more complicated... becoming a real business, etc. i would suggest just starting your store up, connecting it to your personal paypal acct (you can change this later) and listing some of those awesome plates! how did you make those???? (excuse my question mark abuse there...)