Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 10, 2009

JUNIOR BOYS coming to Austin, October 19

I really, really should be working on an article deadline right now, but instead I'm going to blog about this totally awesome band. And then link to a site where you can buy tickets. These are the things I do for you.


Wait, I think they're on drugs! Or maybe that drooling girl is just really, really tired.

Ok so I can't remember when I originally heard Junior Boys, but "In The Morning" was definitely the first song. I tormented R. for the summer of 2007 when I had just moved back to Austin, playing this song on repeat again and again and again while painting our kitchen cabinets celery green. (Me = gay man in woman's body). I began stalking their MySpace page, saddened to see that they only really toured Europe.

UNTIL NOW.

Junior Boys are coming to Mohawk on August 19, and considering what people all over the world pay to see these guys, I can't believe tickets are so cheap! (Under $15). What any self-respecting Waldorf might find in between her couch cushions!

Tickets are on sale here, Austin Eavesdropper got hers today.

2 comments:

Addie said...

This song was definitely on repeat for me for such a very long time! Thanks for bringing it back to my ears. Also in the on repeat category: Amy Cook's version of Beat It and Pinback's Good to Sea You....

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Oooh Addie I must go find those. Thanks for suggestion. Am also a wee bit obsessed with Temper Trap right now, who was here for SXSW! (And is on 500 Days of Summer soundtrack!) Are you headed to Jr. Boys next month?