Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A year in pictures.

Oh, digital photography. A complicated mistress are you.

On the one hand, digital photos are sooo nice. Convenient. Immediately available. Adjustable.

But on the other hand...Austin Eavesdropper misses the days of plain old film. Don't you, Reader? She suspects there is something to the musty old photo albums and scrapbooks her parents occasionally thumb through with her. I mean, can you really envision doing the same one day with your own kids, clicking through memories of your youth on Facebook? Me neither.

So over the past few days, Austin Eavesdropper has been scrolling back through pictures of this past year, from roughly September 2008ish to now. She's thinking she'll print these out (maybe) and turn them into a real album. But being full of whimsy, she decided to do a nostalgic post, too. A picture post.

AE is not a proper photographer, so she hopes you'll forgive her. Here are a small sampling of favorite moments, memories, and images from the past year. With the exception of two (the Boston Terriers), all are taken in Austin. Spot the:

-Time her neighbor super-glued his fingers together.
-Best chair in Austin. It's at Koriente.
-Non digitally-altered school bus. For hos.
-Election.
-Throwdown at a gay bar.
-Picture snapped at a winery (I dare you to guess this one).
































10 comments:

sissel said...

May your forthcoming year also be filled with adorable boston terrors! Let us know if you need to borrow one…Frankie Bones loves the blogosphere!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

S., if there are two dominating trends in my life, they are:

A) Boston terriers, and
B) New Jerseyans.

I am richly blessed. :)

GARY! said...

God, i just hope when Jesus does come, he rides the Ho Bus. There I said it.

g.

Anonymous said...

That's my bro's Ho Bus!

Anonymous said...

That's my bro's Ho Bus!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Haha, Lyssa...seriously??

Gary, apparently Lyssa's brother will be facilitating Jesus' arrival. (Cue descent to hell in 3, 2, 1)

Anonymous said...

i still use film a lot but my film of choice (120mm) is soo costly to get developed at times :( not good for a poor merchie.

media mirage said...

Ohmigoodness, I hope your next year is as good as the past one looked.
I especially enjoyed "this is you wishing you were having sex." Teehee!

Optimista said...

Loved this post! I also have a bazillion digital photos, and this inspired me to go through them and create my own year in photos. Although...I think at this point, probably 80% of them are of food! :)

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Maisquared - I LOVE that you still use film! I want to get a Holga this year....badly. Which is film only, of course. We should talk. (Where you buy film, where you get yours developed, etc.)

Media Mirage - Isn't that one hilarious?! I'm pretty sure it was taken at Creekside down on 7th. The funny thing is, I didn't even realize I took it by that particular message until I looked at the pic later (I just liked the pretty pink wall). And it's SO PERFECT!

Optimista - Oooh goodie, I can't wait to check out your picture post. And hey, sometimes food memories are the best memories of all.