Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Style rut help.

Oh, Reader.  I am in a bit of a style rut.

I've always felt a little "safe" in my fashion choices, it's true. Cute, but...safe.  I will take one risk and wear it to death, as evidenced by yesterday morning.  I began putting on shorts and tights for roughly the two thousandth time and thought, "this has got to stop." Something new is in order. A wholesale change.

Whenever I get to feeling this way, I look at people with styles I admire. My friend Sarah is one such person, and - dare I say it? - Nicole Richie is another. Don't even front y'all. You and I both know how good she looks.

So in lieu of an Austin-y or musical post this morning, I feel like looking at pictures with a very articulated vintage style, to hopefully get my groove back. Even more so than how Stella got her groove back.

I love this guy.
And this woman.
These gorgeous photographs comes from the eyes and hands of Courtney Brooke. She doesn't live in Austin, but I wish she did.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I please live in a world where I can dress like this everyday?

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@coloursmarie - Stephanie I KNOW. The girl with the little umbrella, in the forest? Swoony.

Andrew said...

Hmph, I thought you were asking for Rut's style help when I saw the title of the post.

Jessica Meyer said...

Those pictures are stunning!! Whenever I need a little inspiration, I like to visit street style blogs. One of my favs-- http://alltheprettybirds.blogspot.com/

Jess

Hipstercrite said...

I feel like I dress safe a lot too.
However, lemme tell you something. It's not always what you dress in, but how you wear it.
And you friend, know how to wear it.
Some people are born with class, others not.
You got it.

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@Andrew - LOL, your comment made me giggle out loud :)

@Jessica Meyer - Yes, I so adore street style blogs too. The Sartorialist (a classic), and lately I have discovered http://www.everythingstyle.com/ -- from Lullie Vintage. I will check out All The Pretty Birds. Thanks for suggestion!

@Hipstercrite - Why, thank you dollface. Coming from ANOTHER Austin gal who's style I secretly stalk...that means a lot. :)

Jon said...

Whatever you do, remember to wear pants. (*Raises an eyebrow to Sienna Miller*)

Tiffany Diane said...

I am almost sure the last photo is her?
I was perusing her Flickr a while ago & apparently we have mutual friends.