Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 22, 2010

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: SXSW 2010 recap: VV Brown is my Quick Fix.

Ladies, do you remember being 11 years old, looking at all the cute boys in Bop or Tiger Beat, and being like, "omg, Jason Priestly!  Luke Perry!  MARK PAUL GOSSELAAR!!" and ripping out the poster inserts so you could put them on your wall?  Gentlemen, did you do the same with Pam Anderson posters? (would not know since I'm not an icky boy)?

That's how I feel about SXSW. I fall in love with everybody a little bit, meaning, every band I see. I play it cool on the outside, but on the inside, I'm shrieking like a braceface 4th grader.

This is all to say that GARY! and I are going to attempt to recap SXSW 2010 in a calm, professional manner, but want to warn you right now that things might get gushy.

So last night at the Perez party. I saw two ladies who blew my mind: VV Brown and Marina and The Diamonds.  Here are is a picture of VV.


PS: I am 5'2." Welcome to my life.  Someday, when am famous music journalist, staring at other people's heads won't be a problem. In the meantime I have to violently elbow charm my way to the front.

VV Brown got the memo that sleeves are IN.

You know what else is in? Being dynamic on-stage. Girlfriend puts on a show. The best way I can describe VV's sound is Motown-meets-post-punk, all while donning a peacock mask. (Seriously. She was wearing a peacock mask at one point). The audacity of hope, indeed.  I HOPE you are my BFF someday, VV Brown.

I'm going to stop talking and let you guys watch a video.


UPDATED: Here's VV Brown at the Perez party! GARY! shot this amazing video of her performance. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Beth H said...

cool video! i bet she did put on an awesome show!

Lady Danger said...

wow she seems cool. I saw CallmeKat at momos and she was fantastic, check it out at IMPROPEROPERA.COM

http://www.improperopera.com/

GARY! said...

ps. I have a pretty great video of that performance for you. XoXo GG

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

wow...I even like the outfit she wore!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@Beth H - She is to-die! I want her to come back to Austin, badly.

@Lady Danger - Thanks for the blog link. I will go pay a visit right now!

@Gary - "You know you love me. XOXO. --Gossip Girl."

@Lenorevermore - First of all, badass blog commenter name; second of all, I KNOW. You should have seen it with the peacock mask!

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Love it!