Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The brains of Austin nightlife: Henri Mazza and Greg MacLennan

If you've been to an Alamo Drafthouse, or the bowling/karaoke/dance floor venue by the same owners - Austin's Highball - you know there are some seriously creative bashes that go down on an almost weekly basis. Like a Super Hero Dance Party. Mad Men Parties. Labyrinth Quote-a-Longs. Ladies of the 80's Sing-a-Longs. More Japan game show madness than anyone ever thought humanly possible.

In short, you might get the sense that a mad, mad genius is behind all of this.

And in fact, you would be correct. Two geniuses, actually.

Next week, I'll be interviewing Henri Mazza and Greg MacLennan, i.e. the Action Pack duo. Together, Henri and Greg organize these ridiculously cool theme parties at the Alamo Drafthouse and Highball, and even helped my friend Candace and I throw the Glam Off last month. It wouldn't be too far off the mark to say these men have my dream job, so I thought a sit-down fawn session was only appropriate!

But this is where YOU come in. KXAN will be plugging the upcoming interview on their entertainment site, NowAustin.com, and I believe on regular TV, too. We'll be conducting this interview on-camera, not in a super fancy way, but quality enough for the YouTubes. And what we want to know is this:

what would you like to ask the action pack?

Here are some example questions that I thought of:

1. How did you get the most badass job ever?
2. What is the best party you've ever thrown? (Besides the Glam Off, duh!)
3. What's the nuttiest thing you've ever seen go down at one of your bashes?
4. Have you ever considered a Golden Girls theme party?  (I call Blanche).

Submit your questions by next Monday, and I'll ask them on-camera. Can't wait to hear the ridonkulous things you guys come up with.

5 comments:

ashley-cita said...

Oh wow. A Golden Girls party is a *must*!

As for questions, how about "what's been your favorite party to date, and why?" Kinda lame, I know, but your questions are perfect.

Henri said...

I think you should ask Greg why he refuses to let me project a photo of him from high school up on screen.

Greg MacLennan said...

you can. I used to be very chubby and very awkward. and by used to mean i at least lost a bit of weight.

Anonymous said...

What is the best movie line ever? Western, romance, thriller, sci-fi, family, animated, war films, amazing Korean action flicks. Name it and own it!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@Ashley! I think your question is a good one. I'm going to tip my hat in for the Super Hero dance party...only because it was kind of magical to witness a Mighty Mouse vs. Iron Man dance-off. :) But we'll see what the boys have to say.

@Henri - I think because he's so hot, it would be a fire hazard.

@Greg - Don't believe you. My theory is much more plausible.

@Anonymous - "I'll be back." JK that one's lame...but your question is a good one! I'll ask that to Henri & Greg. No Sophie's Choice now, gentlemen.