Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 3, 2010

Grab your best Never-Nudes and hop on a Segway immediately.

asdfasdfasdf
Do you want to know what one of the best YouTube videos of all time is?


Ross and I could seriously watch this for HOURS.

Afterwards, we always walk around the house going, "What the F!"

So when I got an email in my inbox this week that the Society of American Magicians was throwing the First Annual Austin Street Magic Festival this weekend, I knew I had to share!


Ok, so, the art of ILLUSION is not a hobby I necessarily practice myself.  But if I had a kid, I would totally take he / she to the Street Magic Festival. Heck, I might even borrow a random child from somebody and hit this up.

Also? In addition to the street festival, The Texas Association of Magicians is having a convention this weekend. I didn't even know there was such an association!

from today through monday:

* Single ticket shows and close-up magic performances. Tickets here.

(My very favorite, favorite show listing of all is: "MAX MAVEN, Thinking in Person: An Evening of Knowing and Not Knowing.")


If you go, maybe you’ll learn how to saw yourself in half—under the clause of silence, of course.  

*Special thanks to Megan for contributing facts and wit to this post!

4 comments:

Peggy Keefe, Social Media Coordinator said...

I clicked this hoping for pictures of Tobias-like men in cutoffs but watching that David Blaine spoof vid again was much better. Oh so awesome. "Stop putting sh** on our bodies, David Blaine!"

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@Peggy - Isn't that video a GEM, Peggy? I love it when they read the poster!!!

Le Tigre said...

Omg I saw this forever ago and completely forgot about it! Hilarious. Did you see Part 2? Equally awesome.

Anonymous said...

OMG- literally wiping tears from my eyes I laughed so hard. HAHAHA, loved it. Thank you.

WHAT THE F??