Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My rockstar doctor, and, The Official XX After Party on Saturday.

SO. Before we begin this blog post -- a preamble.

I was at the doctor yesterday, who, as far as doctors go, is unusually hip and cool. Dr. Dickey is one of the "Rock Docs" at ACL every year, which technically means he's on-call to take care of any band members who start to feel whoozy.

Which basically means he's watching shows from the absolute best seats in the house, i.e. those little bleachers ON-STAGE you see at each performance.

So we're talking yesterday about bands, when Dr. Dickey casually mentions he's also the doctor for The XX. "Have you heard of them?" He asks.

"YES," I bellowed. Only flew to San Francisco to see them!

"Well, Jamie got a cold last time he was in town...but hopefully he'll be fine this weekend. We're gonna hang out."

How cool is my doctor?

I guess this means there is a good chance I'll see my rockstar doctor at this party that GARY! is about to tell you about.

Reader, you are familiar with GARY!, yes?  He wrote yesterday explaining he kind of missed telling people what to do blogging. And with that, wrote up a little post.

Here he is then, GARY! with a weekend party preview:

From GARY!:

So leave it to something like ACL to drag me out of whatever it was I was doing that prohibited me from blogging on this wonderful site for so long.  I'd like to tell you that I've been away at Encyclopedia Brown Private Investigator Camp (it's just down the road from Hogwarts), but really I just haven’t been my usual socially lubricated self.  This is probably just the logical progression of me becoming a crotchety old man who yells things like, "And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids!" *yanks rubber mask from head* but for whatever reason I guess I got caught up in the ACL madness, and decided to try and make a return to form.

So it's common knowledge that ACL comes with its fair share of pre-parties and after-parties, but it's also common knowledge that most of those shows sold out the moment the interwebs mentioned their very existence. Sucks right? Well fear not.  Over the next few days we are going to do our best to keep you in the know on where to go, so let's get down to business shall we?


First up our friends over at Giant Noise dropped us a line to let us know that Dubfrequency and Malverde are teaming up this Saturday to present THE OFFICIAL XX AFTER PARTY.  Basically, we have a pair of DJ sets from Jaime (of XX fame) and his frequent collaborator Fantastic Mr. Fox. Take note that the first 10 folks in line are also going to receive free tickets to the October 28th Ghostland Observatory show in Cedar Park.

So here are the basics:

THE OFFICIAL XX AFTER PARTY

From 10pm - 2am

Where: Malverde
400 West 2nd St
Austin, TX 78701
COVER: $10

Arrive early as space is extremely limited.

For now that's all I got, but keep an eye out for a few more parties to be posted throughout the week

GARY!

UPDATE 10/7/10: We've just been informed there is now a $10 cover for the party.  So.  Bring yer wallet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH, love Encyclopedia Brown. GLad you're back!