Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Bleet-Up: Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!

               

So, before I say anything.  Can we please take a moment to appreciate Styx, this song, and this video.


OH MY GOD. That is delightful.

I was searching for "Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto" today because it is my Happy Song and my You Can Do it! Song all rolled into one.  Ross played it on his ukulele for our 3-year-old nephew over Thanksgiving, and I sang the secret secret! I got a secret! parts.

Speaking of which. I want to thank you guys for your kind, candid, and often deeply personal comments on that post I wrote about my nephews and my psychosis about having babies of my own.  I am speechless?  It's encouraging to know I'm not the only one out there with some anxiety around this life stage.

And, it is SUPER encouraging to hear from you cool baby mommas and daddies who have been there, done that, and did it like a badass.

Speaking of badass.  (We're really going to town with these paragraph transitions today, aren't we?) Guess what is THIS FRIDAY.


 Um, I know.  I can't believe it's so soon!

Richard, my co-planner, wrote up a fantastically comprehensive post about The Bleet-Up, our party for bloggers and blog-readers, here.  Are you noting, and loving, his blog's new background? 

That post gives you a rundown of all our goodies, but here are some more places you can go for info.

Facebook Event Page
Facebook Fan Page
Do512 Page (where they are holding a ticket giveaway for clicking "I Like It")

You're probably sick of hearing me talk about it by now, but let's just review three key details:

Prince cover band.



Ice skating rink that looks like Xanadu.



BATTER BLASTER Pancakes.



All of these will be yours at Bleet-Up, plus blogger love, lasers (I'm not kidding, there will be light lasers), and possibly Santa Clause.

Plus so very much more!  For just $7 entry.  So put on your party pants Austin, we'll see you Friday!


UPDATE: This just in! Ladies, we know how much you like to shred. So the totally rocking, totally awesome Ladies Rock Camp -- home of famed Girls Rock Camp -- will be at the Bleet-Up too, raffling off a free camp session. That's worth $250!  Just pick your raffle ticket up at the door ladies, and we'll announce a winner during the event.

I've secretly always wanted to do Ladies Rock Camp, so if you win it, we may be "campers" together. And how cool would that be?

5 comments:

bsimms8907 said...

OMG I loved Xanadu as a kid! I would watch over and over again!

Can we perform badass choreographed dance on the ice skating rink this Friday? That way the Xanadu theme will be complete.

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@Bsimms8907: YES and yes. As long as you also promise me to dance to Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto on the dance floor. Do we have ourselves a deal?

bsimms8907 said...

Haha YES! <3

Dad said...

Yo mama (yeah, yo real Mama) and I will be there. Got my Mont Blanc pen ready to sign autographs, baby. Or stab people with it if they don't make nice enough.

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@Dad -- Not only am I dying (with laughter) at this comment, I'm dying at the image of you as Tony Soprano, which this comment seems very much to suggest.