Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sponsor Spotlight: Whitney Lee Photography.


If you're a regular reader of Austin Eavesdropper, you may have noticed a new sponsor in the margin: Whitney Lee Photography.

She's based here in Austin, and I quite fancy her work.

Sometimes, I tell Ross (husband) that we should get married again, just so we can throw ourselves another great big party.

He laughs ... because he thinks I am joking.


I am such a sucker for engagement photos.  The cheesier the better.  And, would you believe it?   This was the one thing Ross and I didn't do before our own wedding.

So maybe I'll hire Whitney to take the engagement photos we should have gotten four years ago, as those are her proverbial bread and butter.


One thing that Whitney is exceptional at is finding wonderful, wordy backgrounds around Austin to use in her photos.

She's a particular fan of east 6th street here in Austin, where a favorite neighborhood bar -- Cheer Up Charlie's -- resides.


This couple is actually two members of the most adorable family you will ever see in your entire life.  Behold:


What did I tell you?

(PS. Raise your hand if your family portrait, when you were a child, was far less hip.  Bonus points if it was taken at Olan Mills, like mine was.)

These are two of my favorites from Whitney Lee's portfolio:


Isn't that picture insane.

I'm kind of inspired to go make some word kites now.  Only I'd need some help writing cute messages.  Right now the first things that come to mind are, "I love my real estate agent" (true) and "When it works properly I love my digestive tract" (also true).  Somehow I don't think that's going to fit on a kite.

Or be terribly romantic.

But oh well.

Thank you for sponsoring Austin Eavesdropper, Whitney Lee!  We think you're the bees' knees, you talented lady.

7 comments:

Krista said...

I have a big ol' lump in my throat. I've been engaged for almost 4 years now and never once took an interest in wanting an engagement photo. Today, that has CHANGED. Love.

P.S. I'm raising my hand in shame. Olan Mills was our place back in the day. THROWBACK!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

@Krista - Right!! So sweet. PS, we had a long engagement too ... 2 and 1/2 years. :) Good luck to you both!

laurel said...

Long engagements=no engagement photos. Me too. These are so great, though, dang it!

Tolly, I so love the redesign!

Jess (hellowifeonline.com) said...

Oooo. We never did our romantics after our wedding, so there are very few shots of me in my gown and he in his suit, so I may be jumping on the re-do bandwagon, too! These photos are so gorgeous!

bsimms8907 said...

Love her work! I have one more year of school and then I seriously need to start planning this whole wedding thing I committed myself to 3 years ago. I can't wait to take engagement photos!

Holly said...

whitney sent me this link, that's our kite! marty actually used the kite to aid in his proposal, so it had an even more special meaning to us. we loved working with whitney and she did an amazing job!

Laguna Dirt said...

engagement photos? who knew. at least in '89. you texans are hipper than la, even the venice crowd. howd that happen? ok, that olan mills shot is IT!