Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 26, 2011

Midnight Pancakes.


Aren't they just exactly what you want sometimes?


I made these last night when Ross got home late, and hadn't had any dinner yet.  So wifely!

Pancakes may be the one food item I'm good at, which says something about the caliber of cook we're dealing with here.  We use a printed out recipe from the Internet titled "Dot's Whole Wheat Pancakes," and Ross and I theorize that Dot may or may not have been anorexic, because the whole recipe makes three pancakes total.  Not per serving.  If four people are coming to Dot's house for breakfast, each person is getting roughly 3/4 of a pancake.

So, I typically quadruple it.  I also add a secret ingredient: 


This makes it feel like said pancakes are "my" pancakes.  But modest addition though it may be, the coconut milk creamer really does make each cake silky and smooth.  Which came out sounding far sexier than I originally intended.

DOT'S WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES:

1/3 c. whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 beaten egg
2/3 c. milk (any kind - I use coconut milk)
2 tbsp. melted butter
*Optional: 2 tbsp. vanilla coconut creamer

Stir ingredients in large mixing bowl, until slightly lumpy.  For each 4-inch pancake, pour 1/4 c. batter onto a warm, pre-greased skillet. 

No comments: