Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vegging Out.

If you are what you eat, then lately, Ross and I are:

* kolaches,
* pancakes,
* frozen veggie burgers,
* leftover Halloween candy,
* Torchy's Tacos, and
* Fage yogurt.  You're welcome, Greek economy! 

Point being: Vegetables.  We need more of them in our lives.  I don't think veggie burgers count.

Which reminds me of something -- did I ever tell you about the meanest thing I ever did in my whole life?  It has to do with vegetables.

So I was in the first grade, my one and only year to be in Brownies.  There were 10 or so girls in my troop, and we got sash badges for everything: Archery, swimming, etc.  Do you want to know what the prettiest badge was for?  Cooking.  Do you want to know who wanted one?  Me.  I didn't really care about cooking; all I wanted was a kickass sash.

One day at a Brownie "meeting," we were all sitting in a circle, when I noticed that the girl next to me -- let's call her Michelle -- had laid all her brand new badges out in front of her.  Probably to show off.  Michelle had badges for freaking everything, even the hard stuff, like camping, pottery, COOKING.  I wanted a cooking badge so bad.

That's when Michelle made a mistake, and decided to go to the bathroom.  I say "mistake" because that's when I stole her badge.

When my mom picked me up, I asked her if she could sew on my new cooking badge, please!  And it looked great.  Just like I knew it would.

At the next meeting, I saw Michelle on the playground.  She eyed my badge.

"Aw, I wish I had my cooking badge still," she sighed.  "I can't find mine."

"Welp, guess you should cook more!" I said, and skipped happily away.  Badge-smug, and still very cooking-oblivious.

Poor Michelle!

These days, I wish I could invite Michelle over.  Give her cooking badge back.  Then I would cook for real for her.  I would actually earn the badge that I stole more than 20 years ago, and I would use these vegetables to do it.


Ross and I just signed up for Greenling, and these are our first spoils.  We got our delivery yesterday morning!  I got so excited, that I busted out a stir fry right then and there.

I mean really.  Who says you can't eat lunch at 10:45am?  As I like to say, it's always lunch somewhere.

No comments: