Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Winter is nice, but Autumn is better.


Adam walked into Nina's house a couple of weekends ago, as we were drinking wine and eating dinner.  "Hey, I'm Nina's neighbor," he said, grinning.  

Nina gestured to a new print she had picked up hours ago, and told me that this talented man had created it.  I was intrigued.

We chatted, and I found out that Adam belonged to Austin art collective Common House (906 E. 49th St).  There was a photographer there whom Nina thought I would like.

"Tolly.  Seriously.  You would go crazy over her stuff.  I think her name is Autumn."


(This is Autumn.)

The photographs above are all by local photographer Autumn Spadaro, and Nina was right: Hers is the kind of art that makes me want to build more walls in my house, so I can cover whole sections with her shadowy black-and-whites.  If you like them too, Autumn's work currently hangs in two spaces: Common House through the end of December, as well as End of An Ear Records.

Also.  Guess what, Reader.  Today I will visit a different sort of artist ... a hair color artist.  It's the close of a chapter, my redhead chapter!  I'm nervous.  But ready.  More on that tomorrow.     

No comments: