Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just released: Wild Child's new music video.



Megan Renart reviewed the debut album of local indie faves Wild Child for Austin Eavesdropper back in December, and since then, we haven't been able to get "Pillow Talk" out of our heads.  Apparently we weren't the only ones, because now it's a music video!

The video released yesterday, and my oh my, is it dreamy.  Kelsey and Alexander half serenade, half plead with each other in a low-lit pillow-and-blanket draped fortress.  It's more playful than sad (note the exploding pillows), but still managed to choke me up a little.

Also, given Austin Eavesdropper's recent foray into video, I must say I'm really impressed that virtually the whole thing was shot in the dark!  Hats off, Andrew Baird (the video's photography director).  I have a whole new level of respect now for video lighting levels, and during an AETV shoot on Sunday, I kept screeching to the crew: HOW IS THE LIGHT?  CAN YOU SEE US?  HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP?  (Answers: Bright, yes, one because you're pointing directly at the lens, Tolly.)

No comments: