Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lazy Saturday, fare thee well Summer.

So last night's Cherrypeel party was, to put it mildly, a raging success.

It was so fun in fact, that I forgot to take any pictures! Despite having camera in-hand and fully batteried, for once! But that is what "being in the moment" (and a handful of vodka-Pop Rock cocktails) will get you.

Anyway, among all the lovely faces both new and old, I had the sincere pleasure of meeting Vanessa Gonzales of SailorLegs. Um, that's a genius site. I was so sad when The Famousish went away, because as much as I heart dance party bands I really am clueless most of time as to the biggest, baddest, buzziest ones. But now, Vanessa is my hook-up! Whether she knows it or not!

Here are a couple of videos she posted about last Monday. It made me nostalgic for this summer (since both are pretty newish), as it's almost gone.


Now ScarJo haters - I hear you. Actors-turned-musicians are, for some reason, so much more obnoxious that musicians-turned-actors. But I want to kiss ScarJo, so leave us in peace and take your bashing elsewhere.

Next, Calvin Harris.


Here are a couple I like.

This song has been out for ages, but now it serves as a promo video for 500 Days of Summer. I love their little dance number. (And Zooey Deschanel's outfit).



And I can't find an embeddable version (damn you "embedding disabled by request!"), but I am also really enjoying this tribute to David Lee Roth, via The Bird and The Bee. When cueing, go DIRECTLY to minute 2:34. You're welcome.

2 comments:

Sailor Legs said...

Aww, thank you for the love!!
It was so good to finally meet you!!

Pink Sun Drops said...

I love the moments I completely forget to take pictures. I always kick myself afterwards but sometimes those are my best times.