Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 20, 2010

TOMORROW: Cupcake Smackdown 2.0!

So I'm a little fuzzy-headed today, but for all the right reasons.

Last night, Ross and I had dinner with two amazing friends, who made enormous, juicy hamburgers for us. If I had been thinking, I would have whipped out my camera and taken a picture ... but I was so overwhelmed by flavorful meat, it was difficult to concentrate.

Also? I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a snobby little sorority girl when it comes to beer.  Which is sad, because I want to like beer.  I WANT to have a beer with hamburgers. I WANT to clink bottles with Ross, like a cool, laid-back wife would do. I WANT to hang, but I can't, because my taste buds recoil in horror when they come into contact with the stuff.

However. Last night, our friends introduced me to a chocolate, cacao nibs, coffee-like beer. I think the name was "Yeti." And while I didn't love it, I didn't spit it out, either. Progress.

Anyway, I'm thinking about the beer this morning because I'm thinking about Jennie Chen, Misohungry blogger, and host of tomorrow's hugely anticipated Cupcake Smackdown 2.0.


Do you all know Jennie? She's like an industrious, brilliant, force of nature. She researches. She trains dogs. She makes cupcakes with liquor inside of them! Which is how I came to sample my very first chocolate/bacon/beer cupcake, one she brought to the very first Bleet-Up, over a year ago. And people, that cupcake BLEW MY MIND.

Tomorrow, her annual Cupcake Smackdown will take place at 11:00-3:00, at both The Westin (11301 Domain Drive) and Le Cordon Bleu, across the street.

The event is free, and there will be about a million cupcakes for you to sample and savor, including ones by The Cupcake Bar and Sugar Mama's (mmm), as well as a cupcake piƱata and a Guinness World Record contest for Most Jaffa Cakes Eaten in One Minute.

But the most exciting part (to me)? A cupcake CANNON!


How great is that?

see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

rise said...

See ya there!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Kevin, you'll totally love Cupcake Smackdown!! Seriously. I hope Jennie does it every year.