Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My aerial dance debut.

So, remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned signing up for aerial dance classes?

Well, I have now completed a beginner's session!  It was 12 classes, about a month and a half long, and I learned a little dance at the end of it.  HERE IT IS.

Be kind!  I taped this with another girl on Tuesday night, and we are not always in sync ... but oh well.  I accidentally skipped a move toward the end!  My partner is incredibly graceful and flexible, and only 17 if you can believe it!  I wanted to tape this with her so I could be inspired, because I love the way she dances.  PS, I am the one on the right.




Eh, not the most graceful landing.  But overall not bad, right?

I start intermediate classes next week, and I am scared / excited.  There is a wide range of ability in intermediate, apparently, and I know a lot of it will be over my head.  But that's ok!  Even when I can't get a move, and am beating myself up in the car later on, I am still just so blown away by how much I have fallen in love with aerial, and how grateful I am that classes like these are available in my city.  I danced a little bit when I was younger, but I've never done anything like this.  It honestly feels like Circus School sometimes.

PS, if this has inspired you in any way to try aerial dance and you live in Austin, I am taking it at Blue Lapis Light.  The instructors are absolutely wonderful, and I would love to see you in a class sometime.  The next session starts next week!

17 comments:

♥ Nadine said...

This looks great!! It's what Pink always does on stage - I love watching at this, it's so magnificent!!
You are very brave that you did this course - and it looks really cool and impressing. :)

xx.

Heather Howell said...

Oh Tolly! That is so awesome! I would love to try something like this....except I'm not flexible. AT ALL. You did such a wonderful job though! I can't wait to see more!

I'm a Mess said...

HOLY BEJEESUS! I am insanely jealous and excited for you! I'm impressed! :) Great job, Tolly!

kitten roar said...

this looks so awesome! i imagine it takes a lot of upper body strength, so tons of kudos to you. good luck in your intermediate class!

livin wide said...

tolly, you look fab! i am so inspired...heading to the site now.

Unknown said...

You did a GREAT job! Yes, you are graceful. So excited you're going to continue with the intermediate class.

Rachel from Love a la Mode said...

This looks so fun! I would to be able to take a class like this sometime...
Bisous,
Rachel
http://lovealamode.wordpress.com

Sara said...

Umm... Incredibly awesome?! I wish I wasn't scared of heights...

Nicole Mlakar-Livingston said...

Holy crap! Awesome. Your little smile at the end says it all. ;)

carrie said...

Oh my gosh! This amazing! You should be so proud! I wish I didn't have the co-ordination of a two year old.

Pink Sun Drops said...

You did beautifully!! I'm so glad you did this, loved it, and are going on to the intermediate. Can't wait to see more!

Austin Eavesdropper said...

You guys are so supportive. :-) I love y'all!

Unknown said...

You look amazing! Props for strong leg muscles, I wouldn't be able to do it haha

Sara said...

You might have inspired me... We shall see...

http://fitfashionfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/02/to-fly-high-or-not.html

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I am SO impressed!!!

jackiek said...

that's so awesome! you both looked so graceful! it looks like a blast!

Kristen said...

Ah! I so want to try this... You guys are great!