Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 14, 2008

My walks

...have become addictive.

Addicted to exercise! Isn't that fabulous? I exercise regularly, actually, but never in a "I'm sooo addicted to exercise! I love to sweat!" type of way. Never ever.

Anyway, here is why my walks are badass:



THAT is what I saw tonight on my walk!!

Not that exact peacock in particular, but a peacock. Walking around in someone's backyard.

Shockingly (or perhaps not, if you've spent time around peacocks), I heard him way before I saw him. I was listening to music on headphones when all of a sudden there is this squawking out of nowhere, and I followed it. I thought I might see...a monkey? A child? What yells at the top of its lungs like this?

And there he is: a peacock! Walking around a rather unkempt backyard in Hyde Park. He was so amusingly out-of-place - I mean, there he was, and there was a bar-b-q grill. Who are you going to show your feathers to, buddy? The dog? The swing set? Me? (And he totally did, by the way - I still got it!!).

P.S. - I love how the girl peacock in this picture is so not into it. She's like whatever...I'd rather eat. Mmmmm.

No comments: