Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who says you can't get down on a Monday?

If you've been following this blog for the past few weeks, you know that I've recently come to despise the gym. I love the way exercise feels, you see. I just hate the setting for it. So I'm always looking for fun, physical activities that don't involve a sports bra but MAY involve high heels - and ideally, those activities also involve me shaking my badonka-donk.

This looks like something rad that fits the bill:


"LOVE AND A 45"

Rio Rita


Monday
October 13
8:00pm –
11:30pm







From Rio Rita's site: It’s a record player party and you’re the DJ! Bring in three of your coolest 4
5’s and rule the dance floor. Sign-up opens at 8pm. Music starts at 9pm. Dare to impress us.


Has anyone ever been t
o this neato-sounding event? It happens every Monday at Rio Rita apparently. While I think the only 45's I own are an inherited collection at my parents' house, made up of things like Simon and Garfunkel and James Taylor, what I lack in cool 45's I can make up in sweet moves! (I have a very broad definition of "sweet.")

Here's a video that was filmed at Rio Rita. It was directed by
Jef Greilich and you might recognize M83 playing in the background:



Even cooler? This was all done in ONE single steadycam shot! I hardly know anything about film and even I know how hard that is!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Diane said...

hope you saw this!
http://www.austin360.com/alist/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=123035