Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Heard at Freshplus

I was checking out yesterday at Freshplus. Being a complete sucker for glossy, pretty magazines, I picked one up on the premise that it promised me "30-Second Hair Rescues!" It was an impulse buy (and a lie). Whatever.

Got to the checkout stand, where the skinny teenager scanned my carrots, hummus, and magazine. But before he dropped it in a bag, he paused, took note of Jenna Fischer on the cover, and turned around to show it to his similarly gawky co-worker in the neighboring checkout stand. Both nodded appreciatively.

"Hubba hubba!"

I smiled at him. Paid. Left the store more pleased than I should be that young strapping males still use the term "hubba hubba."

No comments: