Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Creekside Dance-a-Thon, Broken Social Scene, Hercules & Love Affair

Well internet, it's Thursday night, and the weekend has TOTALLY snuck up on me. A fact I am perfectly ok with.

This is just a teeny tiny taste of some fun happening this weekend. The first I am attending with a whole gaggle of girls; the second I am not sure who my dancing partner will be yet. Maybe I will try out my little "press" plan.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY


I'll be the first to admit that every time I hear "dance-a-thon" or "dance-off" or whatever, I think of that really funny episode from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" where Charlie accidentally enters the bar as the prize in a dance-off. GOD that is such a great show.

Anyhoo, if you're entering the dance-off itself - prizes in cash money! - then cover is $8 and the contest starts at 9:30pm. If you're just a regular person, cover is $5 and you can show up whenever you please.

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY


This event has been so buzzy and has a lot of promotion behind it! With good reason, too: Hercules & Love Affair is in town. I like the soul inflections in their generally housey, uptempo music. Very delicious to the ears.

A little sad I'm not going to this:

"Looks Just Like the Sun" is easily one of my favorite songs of all time, and for some reason, always makes me nostalgic for California. Which makes zero sense as most of my time was spent studying Victorian literature or dancing in gay bars, neither readily presenting the opportunity to listen to Broken Social Scene. But there you go.

2 comments:

Tiffany Diane said...

YES I hope so. I'm actually not even sure if I'm going downtown tonight, but tomorrow is a MUST

Anonymous said...

You missed a good show. Lucky for you BSS is coming back to Austin soon. They had to cancel a Dallas show due to flu and are coming back to Austin in about a month or two. What you really missed was the opening band.

Great site.