Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Songs for Saturday: Heartless Bastards + St. Vincent + The Golden Filter

I don't know how I missed this band, because apparently they've been around for a while. But somehow I am just now discovering the Heartless Bastards. They moved to Austin from Ohio, and will be playing at Antone's on April 29.

(Note: This is just the song; not a music video).



You likey? I do. Very much. Last night in the car, I told R. that Erika Wennerstromon's voice sounds like Jeff Buckley and Vaden Todd Lewis got together and had a baby. And that Nathan Willett (Cold War Kids) is the doting uncle.

Quite a male-dominated family model there.

Here is one of my favorite music videos, which came out a while back for St. Vincent. Later today, I'll be going to go see R's students play a big rock show, so I think I'm in the mood for.......children? (Is there a better way to state that?) Anyway, I love the scout troop in this video.



It appears St. Vincent is on quite the European tour right now, but she was here in Austin for SXSW and will be coming back on June 19 to play at The Mohawk.

Finally, a newish video for The Golden Filter ("Solid Gold"). We saw them at Canvas Bar / Art Gallery during SXSW, and we loved them. I don't know when they're coming back, but maybe we can all go invade their MySpace page together and entreat their return?



Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments: