Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Countdown to ACL 2009: Them Crooked Vultures

A few things I have realized in the past 24 hours:

A) I am a lisper!

B) If Dave Grohl were a Biblical character, surely he would be Lazarus. Them Crooked Vultures is, what - his fifth band? This man doesn't stop!

Anyway, Them Crooked Vultures were ("was?" Help me out, copy editor) just added to the lineup at this year's ACL, so I decided to investigate on YouTube. Here they are in Belgium, playing a "surprise show" at the Pukkelpop Festival.

I'll be honest - I'm intrigued. Not FLOORED (yet), but I'll take a little more. If Them Crooked Vultures sound a little Led Zeppelin-like to you, that's because John Paul Jones - bassist for Led Zeppelin* - is in the band. Yowza.

Them Crooked Vultures are also playing an after party at Stubbs, and you can get tickets here.

*Opinion poll. Favorite Led Zeppelin song? My first album was Houses of the Holy, so D'yer Mak'er shall always be mine. So sexy.

Your fave?


Lauren Modery said...

hmm....still not excited about ACL

Lauren Modery said...

my co-worker just said "so how many jack white bands are playing acl this year?"