Thursday, July 29, 2010

Introducing MEGAN.

Happy Thursday evening, friends. Have I ever told you about my friend Megan?

Wait - yes. Yes I did. Megan and I have known each other for years, and were even roommates at one point, here in Austin.  Megan's good at a lot of things, including but not limited to competitive karaoke singing, but this email below basically sums up why I love her so much.

(Note: "spark" means instant message).

She emailed me that two weeks ago, and I am STILL dying, sitting here posting it.

Anyway! Megan will now be joining us here on Austin Eavesdropper, joining the ranks of our other beloved Eavesdroppers, GARY! and Breanna. We're like a little harem!  Except the man in our group is gay.

Megan has two - count 'em, TWO - posts going up tomorrow, and both are really fun. The first is about Arthouse Texas, and a new art project they're hosting that involves YOUR (imagine my finger pointing at you) recipes; the second is a Q&A with Father Figures, a grungy jazz band making a tour stop in Austin tomorrow night. Among other songs in their musical repertoire, one is called "You're Not My Real Dad." Heh. Take that George Michael!

Welcome, Megan!


Anonymous said...

This is hilarious

Colleen said...

Oh so funny.