Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 5, 2011

Tomorrow Night: Le Lomography Austin Grand Opening.


Anyone who hangs out with me in real life has probably been assaulted, at some point, by my little Sardina.  It's a tiny plastic camera that came from Lomography, and ever since I got one as a gift last summer, I've become just a tad obsessed with it.

So I am terribly excited about tomorrow night, with the official grand opening of the Lomography store here in Austin!  Are you seeing that gorgeous photo above?  How about this one?


No words! 

This is the magic of plastic cameras, friends.  I'm so happy Lomography picked Austin to open up a brick-and-mortar store -- we really do have a film-loving cult going on here.  I get so pumped now whenever I drop off my film at Precision (a process my friend Cameron describes as "Christmas"), and have even mounted some of my shots in the living room.  The best part about Lomo photography is you don't have to be a good photographer to produce cool-looking stuff -- here are some of my recent shots, for example.

My pictures: Franks (top two), "Plenty" (third, memory fails), Ross (fourth), rose (fifth, Buenos Aires Cafe), Radio City Music Hall (sixth, NYC).

See?  Total amateur here!  I have no idea what I'm doing, but film = very forgiving.

lomography austin grand opening
912 congress avenue
6pm
nibbles from franks and sugar mama's bakeshop
open bar
music by white ghost shivers
attire: 20s/30s vaudeville
memories: diana mini mugshot photo booth

If you're in Austin, see you tomorrow night!

No comments: