Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 9, 2012

On film.


I was in a dreamy sort of mood yesterday, when I stumbled on this gorgeous blog: EvaForeva, by artist Jenya Kurtsman.  Those are all her photos above.

Jenya, like me, shoots with a Canon Rebel XS most of the time, but for film shoots with a 35mm Pentax K1000 -- just like my beloved Orangette.  Sign?   I think so.  I'm coming for you, Pentax K1000.

Last night in silks, we were practicing our routine to Jeff Buckley.  There's this moment in the song "Lover, You Should've Come Over" when Jeff is really digging in and going for it, screaming about his lover (as you sometimes do).  Anyway, in that section one person stays up high on the silks, and then their partner climbs up underneath them and meets them at the top, both partners spinning in the air all the while.  I'm going to bring a camera next week and try to capture it, because it really is something to behold.

What I'm not going to do is video people on my iPhone, while singing along softly to the song thinking the phone's tiny, yet powerful, microphone won't pick it up.  That's what I did on Monday.  Let's just say my Jeff Buckley demo tape has a mighty long way to go.

No comments: