Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 31, 2009

Miso crafty: Austin Handmade Bash + Cupcake Smackdown

Seeing as how this starts in, oh, an hour (!), I'm a little late in posting this. No matter.

My girl Candace of Electric Promotions has organized the out-of-control (in a good way) All Austin All Handmade Bash, and it looks SO FUN. Music...a fashion show....on-site crafts....a photo booth?? Quel fabuleux. And, entry only $2! Count me in.

I plan to swing by right after R. and I stuff our faces on this or this. Or possibly this. (Just kidding). Details for the All Austin All Handmade Bash here.

Speaking of stuffing face. I got to meet Jennie Chen of MisoHungry fame at the Austin Bleet-Up last Wednesday - where she brought some of her insane cupcakes, the chocolate bacon beer variety! - and we discussed blogging/event planning. Well check out this shindig: The Cupcake Smackdown! It's tomorrow starting at 4pm, and I plan to be there, camera in tow.

This happens at One2One Bar tomorrow, and in addition to a people-eating cupcake contest (heh. You know what I mean but alternative is funny!), there will also be a dog-eating cupcake contest too. Kristen Owen of Do512 is a judge! Details here.

What else is everyone up to this weekend? May fit in 500 Days of Summer if time allows. Freaking move to Austin, Zooey Deschanel.

No comments: