Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The creatures of this house.


It's quite domestic around here. 

Do you remember Claudia, Reader?  It's been a while since we really let her have her own post.  Here is a picture of the two of us from back in the day, Claudia totally loving and appreciating my affection.  She and I were at home the other day when a tiny bird flew into our house, and I could not believe it held still while I snapped its picture.  Look at it winking! 

Also.  Ross and I are still faithfully doing Greenling each week.  Now, 80% of the time we know what we have received, because Greenling always provides a helpful list -- with recipes! -- of our box's offerings.  But sometimes, even after we have consulted said list, one item is still a mystery.  Enter the potato ... thing, above.  Are you noticing the face I carved into it?  That is the expression a vegetable makes when it doesn't know what it is.  I asked Ross and our buddy Jason what I should do with it, and they suggest I cut it into slices.  Done

Finally, I just wanted to share the most delightful comment from an Eavesdroppper reader: Mary Miller, one of the authors I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  She wrote me the kindest email, and inspired by Claudia, I thought I'd share part of it with you.  In her note, she described the things this blog makes her want to do ...
 

No comments: