Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A gift from the internet: Heartless Doll

Guys!! Do you have some time to play on the interwebs right now? Yes? Poise thine finger to the mouse, and get ready to surf.

A glorious blog, Heartless Doll, landed in my virtual lap today at work. Even better - I think the blogger might be from Texas? And quite possibly Austin? I can't tell. The blog banner says "SF Weekly," and yet according to Google, Andrea Grimes (blogger of Heartless Doll) appears to be a contributor to both Austin and Dallas publications. Curious.

(If you have followed this blog for any length of time, you are probably aware that I like to stalk people. Clearly this is no exception.)

ANYWAY, Heartless Doll is a pop culture blog, but funny and smart. Don't get me wrong, I love me some PopSugar, PerezHilton, all the classics - but they are exactly what they set out to be, and that is crack-laced Laffy Taffy for your brain. A typical headline might read, "JESSICA SIMPSON PUMPS GAS WEARING MAXI DRESS!" which is, without fail, followed by 60+ reader comments of passionate feelings regarding Jessica's outfit. Some comments have such ridiculous spelling that it breaks your heart a little bit.

Heartless Doll, however, offers truly thoughtful and witty topics to chew on - stuff I wish I could have come up with! Here's a sample of recent post topics:

"Nuns: Too sexy for their habits"
"Google Earth proves cows are secretly magnets"
"Is Paula a cold-hearted snake?"

I should also mention that there are many more in the Heartless Doll blogger gang, and not just Andrea Grimes. But while we're on the subject: out with it, Andrea! The jig is up! Are you in Austin? And if so, can we hang out please.

5 comments:

Anaka said...

I agree. Smart, witty pop-culture blogs are the best. Thank you for sharing your new-found fave!

Andrea Grimes said...

Haha! I'm so glad you dig us.

Indeed, I live here in Austin, and couldn't be happier. :)

Austin Eavesdropper said...

YES! I love it when the internet magically produces the people I stalk!

Am about to go check out your other blog / email you, Miss Grimes.

sudesh thapa said...

Nice posts . Was funny

by
http://bollywoodnbuzz.blogspot.com

Andrea Grimes said...

I keep close tabs on all my stalkers. Reverse stalking is a specialty of mine. :)