Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NATURE! Part 2 + Richard Gear + What are you thankful for?

Wow, that's a lot of ground to cover.

Let's go to camping:



Don't you love that dog's face??

So my friends and I went camping last weekend, and I SURVIVED! Nay, enjoyed myself!! We went to Colorado Springs, about two hours outside of ATX. Those are pictures of them above, but I saved the best one for last:

This is Tiger, a pug who belongs to my friends Beaux and Dana. I don't think I've ever loved a dog more.

I carry things in my tail!

Ever since I was a little kid, I've always had an irrational fear of dogs. I know it's ridiculous, and I also know that most want nothing more than to express their love by licking you to death. Their noses remind me of wolves, or something. Isn't that silly?

Anyway, this is why Tiger is the perfect dog for someone like me. He has a smashed-in face - no signs of wolf there - and a curly little tail. He's part pig!

Tiger also makes this hilarious crying noise whenever Dana walks away. (I say "hilarious," but what I really mean is HILARIOUS. It doesn't even sound a dog whimper; more the sound Marge Simpson makes when she's annoyed with Homer). Needless to say, Tiger was the absolute highlight of my camping experience, and Dana and Beaux should both be very concerned that I'm going to sneak into their house one of these days and make off with their dog.

LAST NIGHT, I ran into Richard Gear at Black & Tan:

This must be the uniform I wear when taking pictures with DJ's.

Anyway, if you haven't read Tiffany Diane's awesome feature post on Austin is Burning about Richard Gear, I urge you to! It gives a great overview of RG's contribution to Austin's dance/electronic music scene, which is growing stronger every day I feel. Remember when the strip of 7th st. just west of 35 was virtually empty of cool hangout spots? Now, it's dance party central: Black & Tan, Beauty Bar, Creekside. We're so lucky.

LASTLY. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! This is probably my favorite holiday, yes even above Christmas. So friends, I'd love to know: What are you thankful for?

I know, it's cheesy, but family will ask tomorrow and blog commenting is a relatively low-pressure place to practice. I'll start:

1. R. The absolute love of my life. Did y'all know I once peed on myself in front of R., and he still proposed to me? I'll have to tell that story sometime.

2. My family. My parents are two of my best buddies, and due to a unique blend of alcoholism and charisma, I have the most entertaining extended family one could ever ask for. Case in point: Last year, my aunt broke in to R and I's house over Christmas, while we were gone, and redecorated our Christmas tree. With her own ornaments. That is another good story.

3. BARACK OBAMA.

4. Freaking awesome friends. You know who you are.

5. My IUD. I'm sorry, I know that's crass, but really. I am.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

3 comments:

Tiffany Diane said...

bloggers uniting!
i am so naive i had to google what IUD meant.

Austin Eavesdropper said...

LOL - it truly is the greatest invention ever.

And I second being thankful for bloggers uniting, Tiffany!!

Kristen said...

I was going to write I am thankful for finding other Austin bloggers - especially when I love their blogs! Haha - although now I sound a bit like a broken record!

i'm making a list of austin bloggers on my blog and linking to you. <3 kristen