Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 7, 2009

FASHION I am FREAKING OUT! Pictures from the show

Well last night's Fashion Freakout at The Mohawk pretty much killed.  It made me so very proud to be an Austinite!

Before we get into the pics, let me first tell you about the magical people who executed this affair. Audrie San Miguel (who stopped by Austin Eavesdropper for an interview earlier this week) produced the event with Jason McNeely (that Jason McNeely, of Windsor for the Derby). The participating retailers were New Bohemia, Laced with Romance (whose models convinced me that tye-dyed tights - want so badly! - are the It Item for 2009), Prototype, and my fave, Buffalo Exchange. The models, event decorators, musicians, etc. are too numerous to list here, but all contributed to make the event hugely well-attended, edgy, and playful.

One more thing. Reader, I may be many things, but I am decidedly not a pro photographer. Some of these are alright, and some are more along the lines of, was-she-wasted-when-she-took-this?  For high quality shots, let me refer you to Austin Style Watch.  I am sure Rachel's pics will be amazing.

fashion freakout 2009.







































finis.

5 comments:

frances said...

i was there and totesss saw you sitting in the chair!!

anyway i loved the show. i definitely wanted that elephant necklace in new bohemia's show... did you see it?! it was tres magnifique.

:)

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Aw GIRL shoulda come said hi!!!

And I was all OVER that elephant necklace. The turquoise boots from New Bohemia, too! There was so many things I wanted that I actually got online and bid on a few things today. :) (All from Laced With Romance....oh. Heart-thumping. Go check it right now, Frans).

Jon said...

Ooo! How very Out & About of you! ;)

Fortunately, it doesn't look like you had to go fishing for soundbites from the likes of bank CEOs and city council members.

Megalithic Rick said...

Cool post...although, not many mens cloths on da catwalk if any eh.

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Rick - you're SO RIGHT! Especially when the men in the show were really fab, actually. But none of them "paused" on the catwalk, so all my pictures of them came out blurry. :) So, rest assured the guys totally represented....the camera / the photographer was just a little too sucky to capture them in their unblurred glory.